We’re in a difficult time right now, and it’s likely to be that way for the next few weeks. Our health officials, Governor, CDC, statewide leaders, and local elected officials are all making sure we’re taking the appropriate measures to keep all Floridians safe.
It’s important we get accurate and timely information out to residents so that we can slow or stop the spread of this coronavirus also known as COVID-19. I also want to provide you with a few updates on our campaign.
Recommendations they have shared for lowering your risk:
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
- Contain: if you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
As much as I enjoy attending local meetings and speaking to voters across our county, our campaign will not be holding in-person events for the remainder of the month. Instead, we are encouraging supporters and volunteers to help us amplify our message through digital channels.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KevinBeckner/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kbeckner
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/kevin_becknerFL
We’ll be posting updates there regularly on safe ways people can get engaged and to help out in our community, so if you haven’t already make sure to sign up now.
Finally, while we are all practicing “social distancing”, don’t forget you are not alone in this. If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, or other mental health issues from this stressful time, a good resource for help is the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay. You can access services on their website: https://www.crisiscenter.com or you can dial 2-1-1 and receive free confidential crisis counseling.
Stay safe, and we’ll see you back in the neighborhoods soon!